[eng] KC Trommer - Returns / First Map [esp] trad. Elisa Clark

Returns

Here are the pet names you will never call me again Here are the jokes that died between us Here are the letters you sent me when we first met Here is the sound of my laughter, remember it Here is the sound of me on the phone giving directions Here are all the unplayed messages from me, listen Here are the gifts I bought for your family, keep them Here are the photographs you never took of me Here are the vows I wrote for us Here are the other children I will never have with you Here is how my body looked Here is the memory of the day he was born Here are the things you praised me for Here is the strength I had then Here is the terror when you took him Here is your face screaming in mine Here is your back, turned Here is a month of silence Here is the park where you wanted to leave me Here are all the times I said My husband Here are the dead anniversaries Here is a letter from my lawyer, please read Here is me, not bankrupt yet, keep trying Here is my rage Here is me, destroyed but not destroyed Here are the papers for you to sign Here is my rage Here is a friend from high school and her husband, take them Here is a catalog of years, unspent Here is the evidence of how I loved you Here are the pictures from the wedding Here are the times I asked for what I needed Here is a list of what I left in the apartment Here is the way my body was in the dark Here are the stories I trusted you with Here is what my lawyer told me to tell you Here is my rage Here is what I wanted for us Here is a catalog of our failures Here is what I tell our son Here is when he needs to practice Here is what the teacher said about him Here is what he said about the boy he thought was his friend Here is his temperature Here are his medicines Here is the helmet Here is what I tell him Here is where his mother lives She is all you know of me now                                                       Keep the rest


First Map

Stone fences lined the road to the art academy 

where the teacher unscrolled the butcher paper

            on the floor, told me to lie down. I fanned my                 fingers 

            and spread my legs as a boy drew my outline in                 marker.


The ceiling was so far up, the cement floor cold against my back 

and the smell of the room was the smell

              of drying acrylic. I stood up from the paper 

            and my body was an outline inside the sneaker                  prints

of the boy who had drawn me. The teacher handed me a pen, 

said, Now, fill in the rest. 


[1] Poems published in We Call Them Beautiful. Diode Editions (2019, USA). In these poems, KC Trommer outlines New York as a literary city that inscribes sexuality and self-pleasure on its inhabitant's bodies. Gender violence and abuse threaten to emerge at any moment or quotidian situation, whether in the subway, a classroom, or a city park, only to fade away, leaving a rarefied atmosphere.


* KC Trommer. North American writer and artist. Author of We Call Them Beautiful (Diode Editorial, 2019) and The Hasp Tongue (dancing girl press, 2014). Founder of the online audio project QUEENSBOUND, she has experimented with poetry and music accompanied by composer Herschel Garfein. KC lives in Jackson Heights, New York.

https://www.queensbound.com/

https://www.kctrommer.com/  


Devoluciones

Aquí están los apodos con los que nunca más me llamarás Aquí están las bromas que acabaron entre nosotros Aquí están las cartas que me enviaste cuando recién nos conocimos Aquí está el sonido de mi risa, recuérdala Aquí está mi voz al teléfono dando instrucciones Aquí están todos mis mensajes sin oír, escucha Aquí están los regalos que le compré a tu familia, quédatelos Aquí están las fotografías que nunca me tomaste Aquí los votos que escribí para nosotros Aquí están los niños que nunca tendré contigo Aquí cómo lucía mi cuerpo Aquí el recuerdo del día en que nació Aquí están las cosas por las que me elogiabas Aquí la fuerza que tuve entonces Aquí el terror cuando te lo llevaste Aquí está tu rostro gritándole al mío Aquí estás, dándome la espalda Aquí el mes de silencio Aquí el parque donde quisiste dejarme Aquí están todas las veces que dije Mi esposo Aquí están los aniversarios muertos Aquí está la carta de mi abogado, por favor lee Aquí estoy, aún no en la bancarrota, sigue intentando Aquí está mi ira Aquí estoy, destruida pero no del todo Aquí están los papeles para que firmes Aquí está mi ira Aquí está una amiga de la secundaria y su esposo, llévatelos Aquí está un catálogo de años sin utilizar Aquí la evidencia de cómo te quise Aquí están las fotos de la boda Aquí las veces que te dije lo que quería Aquí está una lista de lo que dejé en el departamento Aquí está la forma que tenía mi cuerpo en la oscuridad Aquí están las historias que te confié Aquí está lo que mi abogado me indicó decirte Aquí está mi ira Aquí lo que quise para nosotros Aquí un catálogo de nuestros fracasos Aquí está lo que le cuento a nuestro hijo Aquí los días que debe practicar Aquí lo que la maestra dijo sobre él Aquí lo que él dijo de quien creyó su amigo Aquí está su temperatura Aquí sus medicinas Aquí el casco Aquí está lo que le cuento Aquí es donde vive su madre Ella es todo lo que sabes de mí ahora                                Quédate con el resto


Primer mapa


Cercas de piedra bordeaban el camino a la escuela de arte

donde la maestra desenrrolló el papel carnicero


            en el piso, pidió que me recostara. Extendí los                 dedos 

            y abrí las piernas mientras un chico marcaba mi                 contorno.


El techo parecía demasiado alto, el cemento frío del piso contra mi espalda 

y el olor de la habitación era el olor


            del acrílico secándose. Me levanté del papel 

            y mi cuerpo era un contorno dentro de las pisadas 


del chico que acababa de dibujarme. La maestra me dio un lápiz. 

Ahora, dijo, completa tú el resto.


[1] Traducido del inglés por Elisa Clark.

* Elisa Clark. Escritora chilena. Vivió en Nueva York, donde creó el fanzine Paper Magazine con la participación de artistas y poetas. El 2017 fue escritora en residencia en el Museo Gabriela Mistral de Vicuña para finalizar su novela Oye Gabriela sobre la Premio Nobel chilena. Vive en Santiago de Chile.

Oye Gabriela - Elisa Clark

Elisa Clark - PM#4. Festival Poesía y Música



© KC Trommer.





Original photographies © Maria Luisa Espinoza © Celeste Laila D'Aleo.
Image postproduction: Andrea Balart. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario